The CPSP – K curriculum/exam is designed to equip learners with knowledge, practical skills and attitudes that will enable them perform duties as buyers, supply chain managers, supervisors directors, or consultants for an organization. To achieve this, modules such as Costing and Budgeting, Finance, Leadership, Governance and Project Management are incorporated into the curriculum, in addition to core Supply Chain Management modules. The program comprises four parts including a research paper, and has been benchmarked to international curriculum and practice standards.
CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL OF KENYA (CPSP-K)
The Professional Course in Supply Chain Management is packaged into four (4) Parts namely:
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional part 1
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional part II
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional part III
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional part 1V
The course is concerned with the application of procurement and supply principles and solving supply chain challenges in a dynamic environment.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
By the end of the course, the trainee should be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of Procurement and Supply in an organization
- Execute procurement and supply process in an organization
- Apply ICT in Procurement and Supply process in an organization
- Effectively manage procurement and supply finance risk and documentation
- Establish procurement and supply Audit Framework
- Demonstrate knowledge and advice on mitigation of emerging issues in Supply Chain Management
- Appreciate the legal aspects in Supply Chain Management
- Apply appropriate decision making tools in Supply Chain Management
- Manage Procurement Projects
- Apply research methodology principles, processes, theory and models in organisational problem solving.
- Practice as a supply chain specialist/consultant.
DURATION OF THE CPSP – K PROGRAMME
The course is designed to be covered in 1,250 hours.
In every year, examinations will be conducted in the periods:
CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL PART I
- PL1.01 Organizational Environment
- PL1.02 Procurement of Goods, Services and Works
- PL1.03 Procurement Planning
- PL1.04 Supply Chain Management Information Systems
- PL1.05 Contract Law and Negotiation
- PL1.06 Finance for Procurement
CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND -SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL PART II
- PL2.01 Supply Chain Management for SMEs
- PL2.02 Procurement Costing and Budgeting
- PL2.03 Procurement of Consultancy Services
- PL2.04 Procurement Audit and Risk Management
- PL2.05 Quantitative Techniques
- PL2.06 Category Management
CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND -SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL PART III
- PL3.01 Sustainable Procurement
- PL3.02 International Procurement
- PL3.03 Logistics and Inventory Management
- PL3.04 Research in Procurement
- PL3.05 Operations Management
CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND -SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL PART IV
- PL4.01 Procurement Governance
- PL4.02 Strategic Supply Chain Management
- PL4.03 Procurement Leadership
- PL4.04 Project Management
- PL4.05 Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)
- PL4.06 Research Project in Procurement and Supply
A person seeking to be registered as a student for the CPSP examination must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following qualification
- Pass in APS (K), or
- Degree from a recognized university, or
- KCSE C+ (plus) with minimum C+(plus) in English and in Mathematics, or
- Kenya advanced certificate of education (KACE) with at least TWO principle passes and credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya certificate of education )KCE)
- Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
ANNUAL REGISTRATION RENEWAL
- Validity of student registration is one calendar year from January to December. Students must renew registration annually by filling examination entry / annual registration form (CPSP/APS/2) and submitting the form to the designated KISM receiving office in Nairobi or to a designated KASNEB or KISM representative in locations outside Nairobi, in accordance with instructions on the Student Registration form.
- Any student who fails to renew the studentship registration within three years will be required to pay registration re-instatement fee and all the annual registration renewal arrears.
- Registered students who wish to take the examinations must submit the prescribed entry forms, duly completed together with the appropriate examination fee on or before the dates. The closing date for the receipt of entries for the December examinations is the preceding 15th August and for the June examination the preceding 15th February.
- Late entries may be accepted upto one month after the closing date for the normal entries on payment of late entry fee which is an additional 50% of the normal examination entry fee.
- Examination dates and list of examination centres are supplied with the examination entry form. Information on the examination dates and examination centres is also available on the KISM and KASNEB websites; www.kism.or.ke and kasneb.or.ke.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE EXAMINATION
Application for withdrawal must be accompanied by a letter quoting the student’s registration number, preferred examination center and reason(s) for withdrawal. Students who withdraw from the examination before the closing date specified for late entry are entitled to a refund of 50% of the examination entry fee paid. Students who withdraw on account of illness are entitled to a refund of 75% of the examination entry fee paid, subject to production of an authentic medical certificate covering the examination dates.
DEFERMENT OF EXAMINATION FEES
A student shall be allowed to defer examination fees to the subsequent examination sitting only once in any particular part upon application and providing sufficient reason(s) for deferment. The successful applicants shall be required to pay an administrative charge equivalent to 15% of the applicable examination fees thirty days prior to the examination period, failure to which the opportunity granted for deferment will lapse.
ABSENTEEISM FROM EXAMINATION
A student absent from an examination will forfeit the examination entry fee paid.
(a) Exemptions will be granted on paper by paper basis.
(b) No exemptions will be granted for APS Examination and CPSP Part IV
Additional information on CPSP-K examination is available from:
- KISM offices
- KASNEB offices
- Kenya National Library Services (KNLS) branches countrywide
- Training institutions
- KISM and KASNEB websites
- CPSP Normal Registration 5,500
- CPSP Late Registration 8,000
- CPSP Reinstatement 5,500
- CPSP Renewal 1,500
- CPSP Part I Examination (per paper) 2,500
- CPSP Part II Examination (per paper) 3,500
- CPSP Part III Examination (per paper) 4,000
- CPSP Part IV Examination (per paper) 4,000
- CPSP Research Paper 15,000
- Exemption CPSP Part I (per paper) 3,750
- Exemption CPSP Part II (per paper) 5,250
- Exemption CPSP Part III (per paper) 6,000
*Late examination entry attracts an additional 50% of the normal entry fee.
*No exemptions at APS Levels and at CPSP Part IV